Friday, June 15, 2012

The Gospel According to “Prometheus”

Thabiti:
So, how was “Prometheus”? Well… I think I’ll let you decide. I will say this: Like a lot of people, I was most taken with the religious themes running through the movie. Unlike a lot of sci-fi films that either take a condescending attitude toward religion, scoffing at the very notion of God’s existence, or those films that use bright lighting and a little feng shui on the set to turn New Age, pantheistic, panentheistic, and squishy, I rather enjoyed the almost point-counterpoint exchanges dabbled throughout Prometheus. Here’s a movie that puts the question of origin and God’s existence center stage–perfect for an outing with that neighbor or friend that does not yet believe in the Lord.

I think the movie makes sharing the Good News easy because of the question it asks. Prometheus doesn’t simply ask, “Is there a God?” or “Where do we come from?”, the movie pushes further and dares us to ask, “What if you meet your Maker and he’s angry with you?”
Read the rest.


Books by Thabiti:

No comments: