Monday, June 18, 2012

Psalm 67: Repeat to Remember

John Piper is right, nothing will help you more than Scripture memory.

In August of 1992, I started memorizing Psalm 67. I continue to review the cards I made nearly 20 years later. I don't suppose it took more than a minute each to memorize each sentence. The key is to systematically repeat. Repeat to remember.



The Psalm combines Aaron's blessing (Numbers 6:24-26) with a prayer that the glory of Christ would shine throughout the world. Said another way, "We can legitimately pray for God to bless us to the end that we might reflect the glory of Christ in global missions." (See a legitimate reason to pray for God's blessing on Thanksgiving).

Systematically repeat to remember. One or two sentences. Say them five times every day and it will change your life.

So often when I think about a passion for God's blessing, I am reminded to think of missions. Twenty years later, Psalm 67 is burned into my mind.


Memorizing Scripture is simply a matter of systematically repeating the verse. (See here). And nothing will move you more than memorizing God's word.


More posts on Scripture memory.

No comments: