Monday, August 13, 2012

With All My Heart and Soul...

"I will make with them an everlasting covenant, that I will not turn away from doing good to them. And I will put the fear of me in their hearts, that they may not turn from me. I will rejoice in doing them good, and I will plant them in this land in faithfulness, with all my heart and all my soul." - Jeremiah 32:40–41:

John Piper, in his sermon “God’s Covenant with Abraham” (1983):
It boggles the mind to try to imagine what it must mean if the God who made the planets and stars and galaxies and molecules and protons and neutrons and electrons rejoices to do you good with all his heart and with all his soul. If God is God for you, then all his omnipotence and all his omniscience are engaged all the time to do good for you in all the circumstances of your life.

1 comment:

Lyn said...

My response must be :"Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice!"-Phil.4:4