- Grant them a heart of repentance from sin.
- Give them faith in Christ from an early age.
- Fill them with your Holy Spirit, and may they bear the fruit of the Spirit.
- Lead them to be baptized into your church.
- Make them members of a strong church with godly elders.
- Give them spiritual gifts for use in the church, and help them faithfully use them.
- Lead them always to increase in holiness.
- Keep them within the orthodox faith of Christ and the apostles.
- Protect them from false teachers and false teaching.
- Make them fruitful proclaimers of the gospel, filled with love for all.
- Make them humbly committed to daily prayer.
- Give them hunger for daily Bible reading.
- Fill them with love and forbearance toward others.
- Help them endure trials with faith and joy.
- Help them guard their conscience.
- May their lives be like the sun that rises stronger and stronger until the full of day.
- Give them hearts that constantly overflow with thankfulness.
- Make them peacemakers.
- Give them a vocation/skill/work that provides for their family and is useful to society.
- Give them a sense of purpose and joy in their life work.
- Rescue them from the fear of man.
- Provide for them a good education.
- Help them apply themselves diligently to their studies and other work.
Influences and Relationships
- Rescue them from laziness and dishonesty.
- May they be quick to forgive.
- Give them godly friends all their lives who will influence them to love God.
- Give them godly influences from “uncles and aunts” and “substitute parents,” especially as our influence wanes.
- Don’t let them go through a time of teenage rebellion.
- Help them remain pure and enter marriage as virgins.
- May they marry only strong believers.
- Save, sanctify, and bless their future spouse.
- Keep divorce away from their lives and their children’s lives for many generations.
- Give them the gift of children and the grace to raise them up in the faith of Christ.
- If they are to remain single, make them unusually fruitful for God’s kingdom.
- Protect them from predators.
- Protect them from deviant sexual desires.
- Heal and protect them from sicknesses and diseases.
- Protect them from accidents.
- Give their country peace in their lifetime.
Tuesday, October 30, 2012
Helpful list here from J.D. and Kim Crowley: