Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Interesting Post Election Comment

I think this is true.

Mike Wittmer:
I don’t think either candidate ever leveled with the American people about the reality of our situation and the sacrifices that must be made. Often I wished they would treat us as adults rather than condescend to us as kids, but in retrospect they’re probably right. If you want any chance of being president you’d better pretend you’re Santa Claus.
I wish this wasn't the case, but sadly, I think it is.  We are not educated enough or patient enough to really understand the depth of the issues so we default to a political culture of sound bytes and popularity contests.

I pray for a new generation of elected officials that can provide a different way forward.  I pray it is possible.

No comments: