Tuesday, February 26, 2013

"The darker our society gets, the more a tiny light makes a difference."

Larry Osborne:
I believe that God is raising up an amazing group of young leaders today. Jesus has the church in good hands for the future. I love the hunger for Scripture, the cultural contextualization, and the broad networking that I see today. One thing that killed off the Jesus Movement was a failure to talk to other believers outside of their tribe. I see much more kingdom cross-pollination taking place today than in the past. It’s a good thing.

But I do have concerns that I’ve written about in my book, Accidental Pharisees. If we’re not careful, our zeal can lead to pride, exclusivity, legalism, a critical spirit, and lots of unbiblical gift-projection. I see this as the greatest obstacle facing the young and zealous church today. It’s a much greater danger than the loss of any so-called “culture wars.” The darker our society gets, the more a tiny light makes a difference. But if we lose our agape love for one another in hyper-zeal and division, the light will go out.
Read the rest.


Books by Larry Osborne:

No comments: