- He was one of the greatest missionaries who ever lived.
- He considered himself “a sinner, a most simple countryman, the least of all the faithful, and most contemptible too many.”
- He was actually more of a blue man (not sad, but the color), than a green one.
- As a teenager, he was stolen from his home and sold into slavery for six years in Ireland. He would later return to preach the gospel there.
- Satan attacked him violently in his sleep to the point where he couldn’t move.
- Legend has it that he contextualized and used shamrocks (an already-sacred symbol in Ireland) to teach people about the Trinity.
- He begged God to grant him to die a martyr’s death, even if it meant being torn limb from limb by dogs or pecked to death by birds. (Maybe St. Patrick inspired Alfred Hitchcock?)
Sunday, March 17, 2013