Friday, March 08, 2013

What Is God's Will for My Life?

David Platt:
It's quite possibly the most commonly asked question in Christianity today: What is God's will for my life? We have questions and face decisions all the time, and we find ourselves constantly wondering about God’s will in them.

Some decisions are small and seem less significant. What book should I read this month? Do we want Mexican? Chinese? Burgers? Italian?

Other questions involve large, life-altering decisions. Should I date? If so, whom should I date? Should I go to college? If so, where? What should I major in? What career path should I choose? Should I marry? If so, whom should I marry? Should we have kids? If so, how many kids? Where should I live? How should I live?

We find ourselves buried under questions and decisions, and in the middle of it all we keep coming back to one question: What is God’s will for my life? What does God want me to do? How do I find God’s will for my life?

We operate as if God’s will were lost. And we’ve devised an assortment of methods for finding it.
Read the rest.


Books by David Platt:

No comments: