Ted Turnau, author of Popologetics: Popular Culture in Christian Perspective, writes in Tabletalk on five ways to understand and therefore engage popular culture:
- At its heart, popular culture is about worship.
- Every piece of popular culture is a complicated mixture of good and bad, truth and lies, grace and idolatry.
- Popular culture uses that grace to promote idols.
- The gospel delivers just where idols default on their promises.
- Not every piece of popular culture is appropriate for every Christian.
You can read the whole thing here.