Thursday, January 03, 2008

Knowing Jesus Through the Old Testament - Christopher Wright

If you are a Christian and desire to understand how the whole Bible fits together as a whole, buy this book:














I had to read the first chapter for a current seminary class and light bulbs were going off over my head like crazy.

Ever wonder why Matthew started his gospel with a long genealogy? Do OT stories have any relevance for us today now that we have the complete Revelation of God? Why don't we just chuck it, since all have been fulfilled in Jesus? What does all the OT history have to do with Jesus anyway? Why do we need to know it? Shouldn't we just be concerned with "getting saved"? Great questions like this are dealt with in Wright's book. I highly recommend it to you. It has already (just one chapter in) enriched my Bible reading greatly.

2 comments:

Shawn White said...

Thanks for the information - I'll have to put this on my "to-buy" list.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recommendation! I am currently working my way through Matthew and after that I am going to buckle up and go through the OT. I definitely plan on investing in that book for my study.

Do you know much about the other two books by this author: "Knowing God the Father through the Old Testament and "Knowing the Holy Spirit through the Old Testament"

Lew