Sunday, February 10, 2008

Politics and the Christian

Joe Thorn with another good post on Christians and politics. He sums up by saying:

I am not suggesting that there aren’t right or wrong ideas and policies. I do not believe every candidate is a good choice. But our enemies are bigger than the suit seeking votes. And I want the world to see in us, the church, the character and love of the Savior more than temporal, political ideologies and party affiliation.

This past week I asked everyone I ran into on the streets, in the coffee shops, etc. if they were optimistic or pessimistic about the upcoming election and politics in America. It was split down the middle. Half were pessimistic, half were hopeful - but everyone seemed to understand that politics in the City of Man is broken, and it cannot fix itself. Something greater is needed to bring redemption. I hope they will see it in the church that is compelled by love for God and others to see justice and mercy reign, as we await the full arrival of the Kingdom we now see in the distance.

No comments: