Monday, January 26, 2009

Hospitality

Melinda, who writes at, "Does This Blog Make Me Look Fat", has a good post about Biblical hospitality:
The hospitality we offer to friends is not about making an impression, but about making them feel loved. So often when I prepare for people to be in my home, I spend all of my time cleaning the house, preparing a perfect meal and making everything and everyone appear just right. But do I take a moment to pray for our guests? Do I ask God to reveal to me any needs they might have so that our family might have the opportunity to minister to them? Not usually.

Today the kids and I were ministered to in the home of a friend from church. It was clear that she wasn’t trying to impress us, but she and her kids simply invited us to share their day with them. It was peaceful, loving and enjoyable.

No comments: