Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Church Planting in the Wall Street Journal

Here is an interesting article from The Wall Street Journal about church planting. Mike McDaniel shares a summary:

A couple of our campus pastors directed me to a great article in the Wall Street Journal that I wanted to share with you. In it Fred Barnes, a political contributor and former White House correspondent, shares the story of how he became involved in a recent church plant. It’s a great example of how your average person (albeit famous in this case) can be a part of planting a church.

We often fall into the mistake of thinking that church planting and missions is just for pastors or the “super-spiritual.” The truth is that it’s for “normal” people, too. In fact, there are many ways that your average person can play a crucial role in planting a church. I work for a church. That places me in a pretty small niche. You have all kinds of skills and talents that I don’t have, and you can use those skills and talents for God’s kingdom in ways that I never could. You have access to people and relationships that I’ll never have access to. And building relationships through which the Gospel can be shared is really the foundation of planting a church.

Here’s the article. If you’re interested in learning more about church planting, I would encourage you to check out our monthly SendRDU Forums.

No comments: