Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Life and Teachings of Jesus - Dr. Dan Doriani

When people ask me to reflect upon my experience in seminary usually one of the first things I tell them is that seminary has just showed me all the books that I need to read (or reread). What I mean by this is that oftentimes for seminary students you receive huge reading assignments and unfortunately amidst the challenges of work and family sometimes the reading is not the first priority. You do what you can to get by. So I have skimmed over books and content that I really should seek to incorporate into my theological thinking and ability to articulate in an understandable way to others.

One of the ways that I reinforce my seminary education is to go back and listen to seminary classes that I took many years ago. One of my favorites was Dr. Dan Doriani's, The Life and Teachings of Jesus. He is a very gifted teacher. He has the unique ability, that is essential for any good teacher, to articulate complex concepts in a way that makes it understandable for the average learner. You will be blessed if you listen to this class.

You can find it here as a podcast from iTunes, or here from the seminary. Get a seminary education in the car on your way to work!

If you missed it, I did an interview with Dr. Doriani a few months back. You can read it here.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Thanks so much for letting us all know about this. Not a coincidence that I've been wondering how I can go deeper in the gospels. Any other recommendations from their listing would be appreciated!