Saturday, July 04, 2009

Best National Anthem


Happy 4th of July to all those taking your Vitamin Z.

I wanted to give you a little gift today. Just a little somethin' from me to you.

Ever heard Carl Lewis sing the National Anthem? Yes, that Carl Lewis. Track star. Tons of gold medals. I'm sure you remember him.

He might have gotten in a little over his head on this one I think. Granted, the National Anthem is one of the hardest songs to sing, probably ever. If you don't start in the right key, it will be all over for you in a hurry. My hunch is that's what happened here. Seems as though he was a good sport about it.

Just listen. It will bless you.

4 comments:

Jerry said...

At least he remembered the words, unlike the embarrassing version sung by a police officer in Chattanooga, TN a couple of years ago:

Erin said...

Oh man, I feel for the dude.

The most nervous I've ever been on stage was when I was asked to sing the Anthem about 30 minutes before showtime.

Anonymous said...

Uh-oh's right!

Kyle said...

To use your words, "this ministers to me."