Monday, March 19, 2012

Top 16 College Teams of All-Time

Guest post by Joe Crispin

If you really enjoy college basketball, you are not only recovering from a weekend full of watching games, but also looking forward to CBS' presentation of the top 16 college basketball teams of all time.

The fact that the 1989-1991 UNLV Runnin' Rebels (I love that they officially refused to use the 'g' in running) come in at #16 is very intriguing to me as I tend to think they would be among the top 5. But I suppose CBS is considering historical context. Dominance is dominance and worthy of being recognized and appreciated no matter the age. Each team should be judged for how great they were in their historical competitive context and not necessarily how well they would actually perform against one another. At least I think so.

Maybe you can't handle any more college basketball talk, but I can, so I will at least be recording it. Part 1 starts at 10 pm tonight on the CBS Sports Network. Enjoy.

No comments: